DASH is an acronym for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, promoted by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to stop (or prevent) hypertension (high blood pressure).
DASH supplies a daily caloric intake of around 1800 kcal correctly distributed on carbs (55%), fat (27%), and protein (18%) which makes it appropriate as a long-term lifestyle plan.
DASH is the right choice for those who need help with weight maintenance, diabetes, prediabetes, fatty liver, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and brain health.
Types of Food You’ll Eat On This Plan
ENJOY non starchy vegetables, whole grains, fruits, and low-fat dairy.
REDUCE lean protein, salt, and alcohol.
ELIMINATE high saturated fat foods such as bacon, porterhouse steaks and full-fat brie.
This Plan Is Suited For:
- Age: Any Adult Age
- Sex: Unisex
- Weight Focus: Slow/Steady Weight Loss, Long Term Maintenance
- Health Focus: Overall Health, Inflammation, Digestive, Musculoskeletal, Brain, Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes, Liver, Cardiovascular
- Ease of Application: Easy
DASH Diet Macro Nutrient Ratios
- Carbohydrates 55% 55%
- Protein 18% 18%
- Fat 27% 27%
Compared to Recommended Longterm Plan Ratios
- Carbohydrates (45-65%, average 51%) 51% 51%
- Protein (10-35%, average 22%) 22% 22%
- Fat (20-35%, average 27%) 27% 27%