This plan combines the healthy, whole foods, balanced Mediterranean diet with the elimination of the proinflammatory protein gluten and metabolism stimulating practice of intermittent fasting (IF). The plan lowers inflammation while it provides a nutrient dense diet that results in fast weight loss.
Intermittent Fasting (IF) is not a diet per se but could be more accurately described as an eating pattern that cycles between periods of feeding and fasting. It does not specify which foods you should eat but rather when you should eat them, which for most means skipping a meal causing a reduction in total caloric intake to the tune of 300-500 calories per day, which can assist any weight loss plan.
Here are the three most practiced forms of IF:
- The 16/8 method: Restrict your daily eating period to 8 hours by skipping breakfast or dinner.
- The 24-hour method: Fast from dinner one day until dinner the next day, one to two times per week.
- The 5:2 method: Consume only 500–600 calories on two non-consecutive days of any given IF week but eat as usual the other 5 days.
We advocate the 16/8 method as it has been reported by our clients to be the simplest, most sustainable, and easiest to stick to.
This Plan Is Suited For:
- Age: 18-55
- Sex: Unisex
- Weight Focus: Fastest Weight Loss
- Health Focus: Overall Health
- Ease of Application: Easy
Mediterranean Diet GF + IF Macro Nutrient Ratios
- Carbohydrates 52% 52%
- Protein 18% 18%
- Fat 30% 30%
Compared to Recommended Longterm Plan Ratios
- Carbohydrates (45-65%, average 51%) 51% 51%
- Protein (10-35%, average 22%) 22% 22%
- Fat (20-35%, average 27%) 27% 27%