The Paleo diet is a diet that is composed solely of what the Paleo caveman hunted or gathered during the Paleolithic period, roughly 2.5 million years ago to 10,000 B.C., which is right before the advent of the agriculture revolution (10,000 BC onward).
Paleo is a low carb (23%), high fat (39%) and high protein (38%) short term diet with an average daily caloric intake of around 1000 kcal. This diet is designed to help with inflammation, autoimmune disease, and digestive health.
Types of Food You’ll Eat On this Plan
ENJOY meat, poultry, seafood, seasonal fruits, vegetables, traditional fats, nuts and seeds.
REDUCE nothing on Paleo as you are expected to only eat what is allowed and avoid what is not. Not that flexible!
ELIMINATE grains, dairy, legumes, sugar, seed oils, and alcohol.
This Plan Is Suited For:
- Age: 18-55
- Sex: Unisex
- Weight Focus: Short Term, Fast Weight Loss
- Health Focus: Inflammation, Autoimmune, Digestive Health
- Ease of Application: Long Term Benefit With a Short Learning Curve
Paleo Diet Macro Nutrient Ratios
- Carbohydrates 23% 23%
- Protein 38% 38%
- Fat 39% 39%
Compared to Recommended Longterm Plan Ratios
- Carbohydrates (45-65%, average 51%) 51% 51%
- Protein (10-35%, average 22%) 22% 22%
- Fat (20-35%, average 27%) 27% 27%