- Blender or Food Processor
- 3 cups Carrot juice (3 pounds of carrots, juiced, or put 2-4 carrots chopped in a blender with enough water to reach 3 cups and blend until smooth; they sell carrot juice at Wholefoods and Trader Joe's [make sure no sugar is added, should be just carrots]
- 1.5 lbs Fresh tomatoes chopped or 1 (26 ounce) BPA-free carton chopped tomatoes [just tomatoes, nothing added]
- 1/4 cup Sundried tomatoes chopped unsulfured and unsalted [nothing added]
- 2 stalks Celery
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 Leek, chopped
- 1 large Shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- to taste Salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 cup Raw cashews preferably soaked in water for at least 4 hours
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh basil
- 5 ounces Spinach or baby kale
- In a large saucepan, add all ingredients except the cashews, basil and spinach. Simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove two cups of the vegetables from the saucepan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Puree the remaining soup with the cashews in a food processor or high-powered blender until smooth.
- Return the pureed soup along with the reserved vegetables to the pot and stir in the spinach and chopped basil.
- Gently reheat if necessary.